Filed under: Bible, Christianity, Church, Dan Fogelberg, God, Grace, Humor, Inspiration, Jesus, Life, Merle Haggard, Praise, Prayer, Religion, Secrets, Spirituality, thoughts, Uncategorized, Wholeness
The good Dame tagged me the other day. I never was good at tag. I would spend hours chasing after people, never quite learning I could say, “no touch backs.”
Okay, so here be the golden rules:
*We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
* Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
* People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. At the end of your blog post, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
* Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Okay so here is the secret life of the pastor. I think Graham Greene said that sin becomes boring after a while because there are only seven deadly sins.
1. The day that I learned there was no Santa Claus was the same time that I learned about nuclear weapons.
2. I used to love Dan Fogelberg (especially that song with a flugelhorn).
3. My first real girlfriend was in my second year of college (I am still married to her).
4. One of my favorite memories of a concert was Merle Haggard throwing a boot into the crowd at a firefighter’s union concert (the late Johnny Paycheck opened, God rest his troubled soul).
5. For years my parents had a toilet and bathtub in the front yard.
6. As I write this I am smoking a Puerto Rican cigar.
7. Sometimes I love God’s people more than God.
8. I had a doll collection as a child (this explains a lot).
6 Comments so far
Leave a comment