Filed under: Presbyterian
My lovely wife meme’d me. She knows that I do not refer meme’s forward, but am all too willing to express my own opinions. As it turns out it wouldn’t matter (I don’t know any other Presbyterian bloggers except her). This was fun because being at an ecumenical church for the last few years has made my reflection on my own denomination a bit dimmer. This meme originated here.
1. What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
It was once during a Presbytery meeting when I ask the person next to me “Is that correct parliamentary procedure?” Then I wished in my heart that I had my Robert’s Book of Rules with me. In that moment I knew that I had experienced the second filling of the Holy Spirit.
2. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
3. On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
Understanding the relevant intersections between what we already offer and what new generations of adults need from their communities of faith.
4. If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for an entire year, what would it be?
5. If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
Horseshoe crab. They look so prehistoric and lumber around the water with slow and deliberate movements. Yet, if you watch them in the water they have a grace and beauty that is stunning. They also make a cool sound when you crush their dead shell on the beach.
6. For Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at General Assembly this year, what does he say to the Presbyterian Church (USA)?
I know that Jesus would say something quite profound and moving. Yet, I am positive that we would all be completely confused and bewildered because he would be speaking in Aramaic. Some of us would call him out of order because he was not on the docket and we were talking about the approval of next years budget.
1 Comment so far
Leave a comment